Connecting your Brother MFC-L2700DW to a WiFi
Like any other wireless printing capable printer, the Brother MFC-L2700DW lets you print via WiFi. For anyone not familiar with this model this printer is a monochrome, all-in-one laser unit with duplex printing capability. It can print and copy as fast as 27 pages per minute as claimed by Brother. It has duplex printing feature that is useful for printing black and white handouts such as flyers, drafts and other documents that could be printed back to back to save on paper. It also has wireless printing capability which means that you can print from your mobile devices anywhere at home or office.
To enable wireless printing from your PC or mobile devices follow these steps to connect your Brother MFC-L2700DW to a wireless network.
- The SSID (in other routers it’s labeled as ESSID) is the network name of your WiFi. Take note of the name as you will need to input this information in the later steps.
- If the WiFi connection is password protected, you can obtain the password from the owner of the router. If the password was never changed, default passwords (also known as Network Key or Security Key in some routers) are usually located at the back, opposite, or side of the router itself.
- Download the printer driver. You can download the installer from Brother’s website, located in the Downloads section. When doing so, select and download the Full Driver & Software Package or alternatively, you can use the installation file located from the bundled Brother Driver CD.
After fulfilling the prerequisite steps above, here’s what you’ll do next:
- Press the MENU button.
- Scroll the arrow key and select then press OK. Go to NETWORK > WLAN > SETUP WIZARD > WLAN ENABLE? Set to YES > (SSID) Network Name > PASSWORD (Key)
- Open the printer driver installation file you’ve downloaded earlier or from your bundled Brother Driver CD.
- In the Connection Type window, select “Wireless Network Connection”.
- If the installation detected a Firewall or AntiVirus, select “Change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the installation”.
- Select the YES option if you want to register your PC with the “Scan To” functions.
- Enter a name you want that will appear when the “Scan To” menu is selected. You can also enable and enter a PIN number for protection.
- In the Network Search Type, select “Search the network for devices and choose from a list of discovered devices (Recommended)”.
- Click on the Finish button once a dialog box indicates that the installation process is complete. You must restart your computer for the changes from the printer setup to take effect.
After restarting and completing all the steps mentioned above, you can now print wirelessly from any wireless device as long as that device is connected to a WiFi.