How to Setup Brother Printer without a CD
The need to acquire a printer nowadays is undeniably high – whether in commercial or residential sectors. Brother Industries has manufactured printers with unique features to help promote efficiency in printing jobs. Many people I know find it wise and practical to install a Brother printer. Printers come with everything you need to facilitate the installation of the drivers on your computer. However, not everyone can use the CD-ROM to install Brother printer in present time because of the great possibility of losing the CD installer. I personally experience losses on this stuff and I bet pretty much the same is true with many other users, too. Moreover, recently manufactured computers and laptops no longer have CD-ROM drives. So whether you are setting up an existing printer on a new computer but you no longer have the CD or your computer doesn’t have a CD-ROM drive, to install Brother printer is to offer remedy on this drawback through an online method as it has a comprehensive support center website with driver downloads for most of its printers. Downloading the software from the website and installing it on your computer is really necessary.
I have enlisted below the steps that you may follow.
- Be sure to connect the printer to your computer. The printer is automatically detected and may auto retrieve and install the software for you depending on your printer model. If not, select the Downloads, Printer Driver or Software options after you locate the printer.
- Supply the model number when you install your Brother printer in the search box or on a similar prompt before you begin performing the succeeding steps because the site will provide instructions specifically for your type of printer. This is mostly located at the top or in front of the printer and begins with a letter or series of letters, such as “DCP”, “HL”, of “M”.
- Choose the corresponding model number from the SELECT MODEL drop-down menu and click VIEW. Select the appropriate option whether for Windows or for Mac OS, choose your desired language then click SEARCH. Setup prompts will keep you moving to the succeeding step.
- The driver usually downloads into your computer’s DOWNLOADS folder. Open the driver and transfer it to the PRINTERS folder in the Control Panel on the hard drive of your system.
- Click the INFORMATION & DOWNLOAD link under FULL DRIVER & SOFTWARE PACKAGE. Click DOWNLOAD. Click ACCEPT for the license agreement if you are presented with one and save the file somewhere accessible on your computer and continue through the setup.
- Double-click the file to start your printer software installation. Be sure to follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Exit the program and restart your computer when prompted.
- Run a test print to make sure it works properly.
These are the steps made easy as 1, 2, 3. Be sure to carefully follow them and you are ready to print your documents in no time. Driver installation is just the initial step. You need to configure the Brother printer to your network for access. For other issues, you may contact Brother support team their helpline number +64-04-8879101 or email them at https://help.brother-usa.com/app/ask for other concerns.
When prompted to indicate the type of package setup, you may select a custom setting but it is best to opt for the full package setup so you can access all functions and features of your Brother printer.