Setting Up a Printer to A Chromebook
Chromebooks are now becoming popular as an alternative to laptops or notebooks because of its cheaper price and offer decent performance plus an exceptional battery performance as well as Android apps now have more capability that cater needs for either studying or casual purposes.
Young students and children who are still learning to use computers use a Chromebook nowadays. Adding a printer will further help them in their studies and utilize what the Chromebook can offer. Here’s how you can set up a printer for your Chromebook.
- Make sure your Chromebook is connected to the internet.
- Update your Chromebook to the latest Chrome OS version if there is any, this is to ensure seamless installation of the printer.
- Connect the USB cable from the printer to your Chromebook. If the printer has networking capabilities make sure both printer and Chromebook are connected at the same connection.
- On your Chromebook, click the clock in the bottom right corner of the desktop, and then click the Settings icon.
- Scroll down on the Settings screen and hit Advanced.
- Under the Print and Scan section, click Printers and then Add Printer.
- The Chromebook will now search for connected printers when your printer appears on Available printers to save, select your printer and then hit Save.
- If somehow your printer won’t show up, click Add Manually and just follow the instructions provided so you can add the printer.
- See to it that your printer appears at the top, under Saved printers.
Once this is all done you can now easily print your documents from your Chromebook.