Solving Google Cloud Printer Problems
Google Cloud Print, is perhaps one of the most convenient app for mobile printing. At least for me, since it’s one I’m using the most whenever I print photos from websites and social media. There is probably nothing you can’t print with it. As impressively simple this app may be, there are still some minor problems you might encounter when trying to print. I only had one experienced before but there are some several more you and I might experience sooner or later.
I compiled a few fixes for Brother MFC-J470dw as this one has the most problems with Google Cloud Print.
So here’s a compilation of some of the best and effective printer fixes I’ve learned.
Problem #1: Printer can’t be found or missing.
Some are printing fine but your device can’t find the printer’s name on the list. So what’s causing this problem? a.) The printer is offline b.) Connectivity problem c.) Printer-related bug on Chrome OS
Here’s what to do.
- Check if printer is turned on or online. (Brother Printers has a tendency to go offline when not in use.)
- Check if the printer is connected to the same network as your mobile device or computer.
- Simply connect to your internet network if your printer is offline or not connected.
- Check if you are signed in to your Chromebook.
- Open Chrome and check the list of Google Cloud Printers. If there is any duplicate, DELETE.
- If it still doesn’t work, DELETE your printer list and re-add your printer’s name on the list.
Problem #2: Document won’t print.
Some possible causes could be a.) You sent the document to the wrong printer b.) Outdated Chrome c.) Duplicate printer.
Here’s what to do.
- Open your Chrome and see if your printer list has no duplicate printer.
- Update your Chrome to the latest version.
- Double-check the printer’s name before sending/resending the document.
- Of course, make sure that your printer is online.
If you have more fixes you can share or any problems encountered with your printing, let us know in the comments below. =)