Troubleshooting Canon Pixma MG3620 Wireless Connectivity Issue
Canon Pixma MG3620 is a popular all-in-one inkjet printer. At $49.99, this reasonably priced printer is quite garnering sales these days. Although reviewed with good ratings Best Buy and Tom’s Guide, this printer has a mediocre rating with mixed reviews that are skewed unfavorably from Canon and Amazon websites combined. The most common reported printer issue is that most users cannot connect their printer to the WiFi.
You might have connected to a new or different wireless connection with new SSID. If this problem occurs, stop all printer functions or wait for it to stop perform and if the wireless indicator is flashing, press Stop. Then follow the instructions below according to your OS:
- Remove the printer (or printers if more than one device was installed). You can do this from accessing either
- Control Panel >> Devices and Printers
- Start button >> Settings >> Devices >> Printers and Scanners
- Reset your Network settings by going to: Start button >> Settings >> Network & Internet >> Status >> Network reset then click Reset now button.
- Uninstall the printer software by accessing Programs and Features from the Control Panel.
- Restart your PC.
- Reinstall the printer software by following instructions from the Canon Pixma MG3630 manual regarding Installing Your Multifunction to Your Network
- Disable your firewall or anti-virus software before continuing. This can prevent the driver files from installing.
- Go to Apple Menu >> System Preferences >> Printers & Scanners
- Press and hold the Control key as you click the list on the left the click Reset Printing System. If the printer is still listed, select the printer and click the minus (-) button to remove it.
- Restart your Mac
- Reinstall the drivers for the printer from Canon website. Make sure you select the correct operating system.
- Locate the Cups Drivers under the Drivers box then click Select button to the right of the file name. Download the file(s).
- Select and download all other items under the Drivers section including the “IJ Scan Utility” and “Canon IJ Network Tool”.
- Once all the files have been downloaded, install each file to your Mac in order:
- CUPS Drivers
- ICA Drivers
- IJ Scan Utility
- Canon IJ Network Tool
- After overall installation, restart your Mac. You can also enable again your firewall and/or anti-virus software.
Resetting LAN Settings
Perform this only if the solution above doesn’t work and no other devices are connected to the printer. Once reset you should uninstall and reinstall the printer software and again from all other wireless devices.
- Press and hold Stop button.
- Release the Stop button when the Alarm indicator flashes 21 times.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord. Leave it off for at least 10 minutes.
- Turn on the printer and press and hold the WiFi button until the power ON indicator flashes.
- Press the Color button
- Press the WiFi button. The wireless setting should be enabled.
If the procedures above still don’t work, contact your nearest Canon Customer Support to help you with your problem.